what are the laws about social media privacy
- Social media privacy laws vary by country and region.
- In the United States, there's no comprehensive federal law, but various state regulations exist.
- The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enforces strict privacy rules.
- Users often grant consent through terms of service agreements.
- Platforms may face penalties for data breaches or mishandling personal information.
- Individuals have the right to know what data is collected and can request its deletion.
- Staying informed about specific regulations in your jurisdiction is crucial for protecting social media privacy.